I am an experienced counsellor, psychotherapist and coach based in Central London, W1. I see adults for psychotherapy, counselling and coaching in Mayfair and Oxford Circus. Additionally, I also offer sessions via Skype for clients who are unable to see me in person.
I know how important it is to choose the right therapist for you. As a result, I hope my website gives you a feel for who I am, how I work and the breadth of my experience. If you do have any other questions though, please don't hesitate to contact me. I would be happy to chat with you on the phone or respond to any questions you might have via email.
Why Seek Counselling or Psychotherapy?
If you are considering counselling or psychotherapy I realise it may feel quite daunting and like a big step to take. You may also be asking yourself, 'are my problems really significant enough to warrant therapy?' These are perfectly normal things to be thinking and feeling. The fact is though, most of us experience times in our lives when we are faced with challenges or difficulties where seeking help and support from a professional could be beneficial and worthwhile. For instance:
- You may be considering counselling or psychotherapy because you are struggling to cope with recent life challenges, or perhaps past experiences or events are having an impact in the present day, affecting how you relate to others and/or causing you hurt or distress.
- You may be experiencing depression or anxiety, feeling insecure or lonely. (See an article I wrote about Coping With Depression.)
- Perhaps you are feeling dissatisfied or unfulfilled and don't know how to go about changing things for the better.
- You could be experiencing work problems, challenges or stress and would like to make some space to talk about and explore ways of dealing with these issues. Or maybe you are unhappy at work and considering changing jobs or even changing careers and you would like support in exploring and making this decision.
- Maybe you are dealing with relationship problems, or your relationship is ending and you are trying to make sense of things, work out what to do, or cope with the loss. (See an article I wrote about Relationship Problems)
- You may be single and at a stage in your life where you really would like a serious relationship and possibly children, but you are worried this may not eventuate and/or don't know how to go about making it happen. (See an article I have written about this here. )
- You may have low self-esteem or confidence and/or may feel insecure, which may be affecting your ability to engage with others, to form positive relationships or to succeed at work.
- It may be that nothing seems particularly wrong - yet you are feeling a bit flat, unmotivated or empty and would like to feel happier and more alive.
- Or perhaps you are genuinely quite happy in life but you would like to take some time for yourself to explore and gain greater understanding and awareness about who you are and what is important to you.
In all these circumstances, and many more, psychotherapy or counselling have the potential to be of real benefit. Why? Because they are designed to be able to give you a place to talk, to examine your thoughts and feelings, and to work through the issues, dilemmas, or challenges you are facing, all within a warm, supportive and collaborative environment.
What Sort Of Clients Do I See?
Counselling or psychotherapy is potentially suitable for anyone who is looking to understand themselves and/or their situation better, who needs support, or is looking to create some kind of change (big or small) in their lives.
As a counsellor and psychotherapist I am down to earth and approachable, and I have worked successfully with people from a variety of backgrounds and walks of life. That has included: clients who work in the media and TV industries, advertising, business, banking and finance, lawyers, doctors, entrepreneurs, PR and marketing professionals, actors and writers, interior, graphic and web designers, musicians, those in the fitness and health industries, research and strategy consultants, university students, IT consultants, and many more...
I have also worked with adults of all different ages and from many different countries including American, Australian and New Zealander expats, as well as having worked with refugees and asylum seekers from a range of countries and cultural backgrounds.
Location wise, as a Central London psychotherapist and counsellor practising from Oxford Circus and Mayfair, W1, I am well positioned to see therapy clients who work in or near Oxford Circus, Cavendish Square, Marylebone, Mayfair, the West End, Soho, Fitzrovia, Marble Arch, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury and other parts of Central London. I also offer both daytime and evening appointments for those who want to see me during the day or after work.
In addition to working as a psychotherapist and counsellor, I also see clients for coaching in Mayfair and Oxford Circus, W1, as well as conducting sessions with some clients via Skype.
Typically, coaching is more goal driven and action oriented than counselling and psychotherapy and it is often short term (although some clients feel they benefit from regular ongoing sessions). As a result, it is well suited to tangible time-limited goals and people who don't like too much self-analysis, preferring a practical approach to achieving change. Although, many people who have had counselling or psychotherapy may also benefit from coaching at certain times, and for certain issues, goals or challenges they are facing that may be better suited to a coaching style approach.
When working as a coach I draw upon a range of skills, training and techniques including my therapeutic skills, some coaching training with The Coaching Academy, as well as mixture of NLP, CBT, creative problem solving, mindfulness and psychological techniques.
I have successfully coached people on a range of issues including: career transition, business and work challenges and goals (including setting up a new business), creative challenges and dilemmas, decisions about international relocation, dating and finding a partner, weight loss and health goals, amongst other things.
You can read more about My Coaching Experience and Approach here.
Central London, W1. Oxford Circus and Mayfair.